November 19, 2017
Please check the Harvest Calendar for schedule changes.
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS
- are with Julie, Carlie and Spencer Ray on the passing of their husband and father, Toby Ray, November 9th.
- will be served TODAY. Please take time to reflect on Christ’s sacrifice for us and prepare your heart to receive communion. Gluten free wafers are available on the back tables.
NEW TO HARVEST?
- Guest Information: Stop by a Guest Information booth in the Narthex to meet and visit with Harvest leaders and pick up your gift card for Don & June’s Cafe.
- Exploring Harvest: An overview of the history, vision and ministries of Harvest, plus a facilities tour. Learn more at a Guest Information booth. Join us December 10, 10:45 AM – meet at the Narthex fireplace.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
Glad you asked! You can sign up here to serve for any of the below or click here for even more opportunities!
- Sign up HERE Cafe Servers are needed to serve one time per month and for special events. Servers usually are able to slip into the worship service to hear the message.
- Life Group Leaders/Facilitators We still have many people wanting to be connected with a Life Group. If you have an interest in leading or facilitating a group, please contact Ben Marx or Debbie Stelter at: (630)554-3858
- Children’s Sunday School Volunteers are needed. Teachers will need to be a member of Harvest. Assistants should be attending for at least 6 months. Please contact Laura Torres @ email@example.com
- 2 Yrs old class – 9am – Teacher & Assistant (bi-weekly)
- 2 Yrs 10:45 – Teacher & Assistant (weekly or bi-weekly)
- 3 Yrs 10:45 – Teacher & Assistants (bi-weekly)
- Take Your Next Step (Exploring Harvest, Baptism, Membership, etc.). Pick up today’s or previous Sermon CDs. Learn about joining a Life Group near you.
- CHRISTMAS CHOIR CONCERT WITH THIS HOPE – December 3rd, tickets $5 or $15 for family of 3 or more.
- ADVENT CANDLES – Complete set of candles and scripture verses for the Advent Season, $5 per box.
- ANNUAL THANKSGIVING BAPTISM SERVICE is November 26th at 5:45 PM with a potluck following the service. Please bring two dishes to pass. Baptism class is November 5th in the Fireside Room at 10:15 AM. Stop by the Ministry Information Center to sign up or click HERE.
DEACON NOMINATION FORMS
- are available at the Ministry Information Booth. We ask the members of Harvest to prayerfully nominate two men for the open deacon positions. Please turn in nominations by December 3rd.
DRIVE THRU NATIVITY
- goes live December 3rd! We need help with inside prep on Tuesday, November 28th or Thursday, November 30th, from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Outdoor help on Saturday, December 2nd at 8:00 AM. Sign up on the response card.
CHRISTMAS INDOOR/OUTDOOR DECORATING
- is Tuesday, November 21st, 10 AM – 3 PM. Men and women are needed to help get Harvest ready for the upcoming Christmas season. Lunch will be provided. Sign up on the response card.
THE PARENTING SERMON SERIES
- is available in a 4-CD set (audio only) for $15. Sign up today at the Sermon CD booth in the foyer.
Have you checked us out on FACEBOOK?
- We post updates, announcements and what is happening at Harvest: https://www.facebook.com/HarvestNewBeginnings
- is available by four of our biblically trained counselors primarily on Sunday evenings. Please call for an appointment: (630) 554-3858. Christian Psychologist Larry Simcox is available Thursday by appointment only, 630.653.5405.
- Bibles are available for you to use during the service today. They are located in the back of the sanctuary, or you can ask an usher for one.
- with words and music are available at the usher’s tables in the back of the Worship Center.
NEED MORE ROOM FOR SERMON NOTES?
- Stop at an usher’s table and pick up additional note-taking sheets.
Our Cry Room
- is available for nursing moms and small infants. If your child gets fussy we recommend this space. An usher will gladly show you the location. The room is darkened for privacy reasons.
HARVEST’S WORSHIP CULTURE
- is intentionally multi-generational. We recognize the variety of preferences in music and style and believe God calls us to grow and encourage one another while we worship Him. The music, visuals and Word used during our worship times reflect a diversity and breadth that draws from our Christian heritage and contemporary culture.
IGNITE Youth Group (7th – 12th graders)
- Ignite meets Wednesday nights, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM. This is a much needed break in the middle of the week to help you grow spiritually! Come out and play some crazy games, worship with a student led worship band, experience fun Biblical teaching. Check out our upcoming events HERE!