June 25, 2017
Please check the Harvest Calendar for schedule changes.
OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS are with Gail Ratcliff and family on the passing of her mom, Vera Ratcliff, on June 14th. Also, with Nancy Brong on the passing of her mother, Clara Johnson, on June 15th.
NEW TO HARVEST?
- Guest Information: Stop by a Guest Information booth in the Narthex to meet and visit with Harvest leaders and pick up your gift card for Don & June’s Cafe.
- Exploring Harvest: An overview of the history, vision and ministries of Harvest, plus a facilities tour. Learn more at a Guest Information booth. Join us July 9th at 10:45 AM – meet at the Narthex fireplace.
- Starting Point: – Join with other adults who are new or returning to church and begin to find answers to your questions about faith and Christianity. Join us at 10:30 AM in the Green Room.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
Glad you asked! You can sign up here to serve for any of the below! Sign up HERE
- Cafe Servers are needed to serve one time per month and for special events. Servers usually are able to slip into the worship service to hear the message.
- Tech Volunteers As God is expanding our Audio Visual and Tech ministries, we are looking for people to serve with us in Video, Audio, Slides, and Lighting. A servant’s heart, some technical aptitude and a willingness to learn are needed. Experience would be great, but not necessary. Interested? Please email Kathrin Weber
- Life Group Leaders/Facilitators We still have many people wanting to be connected with a Life Group. If you have an interest in leading or facilitating a group, please contact Gary Adams or Amy Schlenbecker at: (630)554-3858
- VBS Leaders needed! REGISTER HERE
- Children’s Ministry Help – Special Needs Ministry is looking for teens or adults to assist at 10:45 AM. Sunday morning substitutes are needed for summer to give our teachers a well deserved break. Nursery help is needed for 5:45 PM on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Please email Laura Torres.
- Take Your Next Step (Exploring Harvest, Baptism, Membership, etc.). Pick up today’s or previous Sermon CDs. Learn about joining a Life Group near you.
- VBS MAKER FUN FACTORY – Dates are July 10th – July 14th, pick up a supply donation card. Most items are everyday things that can be picked up easily when you go to the store. Leader t-shirts are also available to pick up for $6.
- SADIE ROBERTON’S LIVE TOUR – November 11th, pre-sale tickets $15.
- Next Baptism will be June 25. Baptism class is will be June 4th at 10:15 AM in the Fireside Room. Click HERE or go to the Ministry Info Center for more information or to sign up. Save the date. River Baptism will be July 16.
HARVEST FAMILY BUSINESS MEETING
- will be July 16th immediately following the second service. We will be voting on an Oversight Team Leadership position and time of reflection on what God has done and looking to the future.
VBS MAKER FUN FACTORY SIGN UP!! (Vacation Bible School)
- REGISTER HERE to volunteer or sign your child up. Dates are July 10th – 14th, 9:00 AM till noon. We need many helpers to lead small groups of kids through the stations each day.
WE WANT YOUR INPUT!
- The Oversight Team is forming a 3 Year Strategic Plan and is asking everyone ages 13 and up for their input. Sometime during the month of June, simply HERE and prayerfully complete the survey. A limited number of paper surveys are also available at the Ministry Info Center. If you have questions, call the church office at (630)554-3858 to speak with an Oversight Team member.
- meets every Friday night at 7:00 PM for those who are going through a difficult time or are working through hurts, habits and hang-ups. Come on out and bring a friend who could benefit from this program.
IGNITE Youth Group (7th – 12th graders)
- Ignite meets Wednesday nights, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM. This is a much needed break in the middle of the week to help you grow spiritually! Come out and play some crazy games, worship with a student led worship band, experience fun Biblical teaching. Check out our upcoming events HERE!
Have you checked us out on FACEBOOK?
- We post updates, announcements and what is happening at Harvest: https://www.facebook.com/HarvestNewBeginnings
- is available by four of our biblically trained counselors primarily on Sunday evenings. Please call for an appointment: (630) 554-3858. Christian Psychologist Larry Simcox is available Thursday by appointment only, 630.653.5405.
- Bibles are available for you to use during the service today. They are located in the back of the sanctuary, or you can ask an usher for one.
- with words and music are available at the usher’s tables in the back of the Worship Center.
Our Cry Room
- is available for nursing moms and small infants. If your child gets fussy we recommend this space. An usher will gladly show you the location. The room is darkened for privacy reasons.
HARVEST’S WORSHIP CULTURE
- is intentionally multi-generational. We recognize the variety of preferences in music and style and believe God calls us to grow and encourage one another while we worship Him. The music, visuals and Word used during our worship times reflect a diversity and breadth that draws from our Christian heritage and contemporary culture.