August 20, 2017
Please check the Harvest Calendar for schedule changes.
NEW TO HARVEST?
- Guest Information: Stop by a Guest Information booth in the Narthex to meet and visit with Harvest leaders and pick up your gift card for Don & June’s Cafe.
- Exploring Harvest: An overview of the history, vision and ministries of Harvest, plus a facilities tour. Learn more at a Guest Information booth. Join us September 10th at 10:45 AM – meet at the Narthex fireplace.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
Glad you asked! You can sign up here to serve for any of the below!
- Sign up HERE Cafe Servers are needed to serve one time per month and for special events. Servers usually are able to slip into the worship service to hear the message.
- Tech Volunteers As God is expanding our Audio Visual and Tech ministries, we are looking for people to serve with us in Video, Audio, Slides, and Lighting. A servant’s heart, some technical aptitude and a willingness to learn are needed. Experience would be great, but not necessary. Interested? Please email Kathrin Weber
- Life Group Leaders/Facilitators We still have many people wanting to be connected with a Life Group. If you have an interest in leading or facilitating a group, please contact Ben Marx or Debbie Stelter at: (630)554-3858
- Take Your Next Step (Exploring Harvest, Baptism, Membership, etc.). Pick up today’s or previous Sermon CDs. Learn about joining a Life Group near you.
- BETH MOORE SIMULCAST – September 16th, $10.
- AWANA – Register your child or sign up to be a leader.
- WOMEN’S MINISTRY – Sign up for Coffee Break, studying “Seamless “, by Angie Smith. Cost is $13. Coffee Break meets Tuesday mornings at 9:00 AM or Sunday evenings at 5:45 PM.
- MEN’S MINISTRY – Register for Momentum Men’s Retreat.
- is Sunday, September 10th during the morning services. Register online at: www.harvestnewbeginnings.com or call the church office: (630) 554-3858. Please email a
picture of your child to firstname.lastname@example.org. Register by September 5th.
Our Thoughts and Prayers are with
- are with Phyllis Polk and family on the passing of her father, Raymond Cuny.
- Our next Baptism will be August 20th outside during the “Harvest Summer Shindig”. Baptism class is August 6th at 10:15 AM in the Fireside Room. Click HERE or go to the Ministry Info Center for more information or to sign up.
Men, it’s time for man camp!
- Join us at the Momentum Men’s Retreat in Buchanan, MI, October 27th-29th. Guest speaker is Tom Harmon. Space is limited! Sign up HERE or at the Ministry Information Center.
GEMS (Growing & Encouraging Moms)
- is in need of childcare workers from 9:15 AM-11:30 AM on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month. Thirteen childcare workers are needed to make this program successful. Please email: email@example.com or call the church office 630.554.3858.
- is an exciting weekly club for kids ages three years through 6th grade. Register at the Ministry Information Booth or on-line at: HERE. Please contact the office with any questions.
FOOD PANTRY at Harvest
- is for those who are experiencing hard times financially. We open at 12:00 Noon for church family and 1:30 PM for Kendall County residents. If you could use this help, please stop by the pantry this Friday afternoon.
Coming Soon –
- Harvest’s first Missions Global Impact Celebration on October 4th thru 8th! Watch for more information.
Have you checked us out on FACEBOOK?
- We post updates, announcements and what is happening at Harvest: https://www.facebook.com/HarvestNewBeginnings
- is available by four of our biblically trained counselors primarily on Sunday evenings. Please call for an appointment: (630) 554-3858. Christian Psychologist Larry Simcox is available Thursday by appointment only, 630.653.5405.
- Bibles are available for you to use during the service today. They are located in the back of the sanctuary, or you can ask an usher for one.
- with words and music are available at the usher’s tables in the back of the Worship Center.
Our Cry Room
- is available for nursing moms and small infants. If your child gets fussy we recommend this space. An usher will gladly show you the location. The room is darkened for privacy reasons.
HARVEST’S WORSHIP CULTURE
- is intentionally multi-generational. We recognize the variety of preferences in music and style and believe God calls us to grow and encourage one another while we worship Him. The music, visuals and Word used during our worship times reflect a diversity and breadth that draws from our Christian heritage and contemporary culture.
IGNITE Youth Group (7th – 12th graders)
- Ignite meets Wednesday nights, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM. This is a much needed break in the middle of the week to help you grow spiritually! Come out and play some crazy games, worship with a student led worship band, experience fun Biblical teaching. Check out our upcoming events HERE!