Learn to get back on track and recover from spiritual derailment. Pastor Scott continues in Nehemiah 9:32 – 37 on Sunday, August 24, 2014.
Supporting Scriptures used: Isaiah 40:12; Jeremiah 10:12-13, 17; Job 38; Lamentations 3:22-23, 5:9-15; Proverbs 19:3, 29:12; Deuteronomy 28:15, 33-34
Many requested a listing of the Alan Redpath’s self-examination questions* referred to in the message. They are listed below.
What about my relationship with men?
- Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am a better man than I really am?
- Is there the least suspicion of hypocrisy in my life?
- Am I honest in all my words and acts?
- Do I exaggerate?
- AmI reliable? Can I be trusted?
- Do I confidentially pass on what was told to me in confidence? Do I grumble and complain in the church?
- Am I jealous, impure, irritable,touchy, distrustful?
- Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
- Am I proud?
- Do I thank God I am not as other people?
- Is there anyone I fear, or dislike, or criticize, or resent? If so, what am I doing about it?
What about my devotion to God?
- Is the Bible alive to me? Do I give it time to speak to me?
- Do I go to bed in time and do I get up in time?
- Am I enjoying my prayer life today? Did I enjoy it this morning?
- When I am involved in a problem in life, do I talk about it or pray about it?
- Am I disobeying God in anything, or insisting upon doing something which my conscience is very uneasy about?
- When did I last speak to someone else with the object of trying to win him for Christ?
- Am I a slave to books, dress, friends, work, or what others think?
- How do I spend my spare time?
*Taken from Victorious Christian Service, a commentary on Nehemiah by Alan Redpath, page 161, published by Revell, 1958.